Does manual processing of western blots produce inconsistent signals between repeats? BlotBot is the answer!
- Unattended dispensing and pouring off of liquids.
- Only requires an electrical outlet – no vacuum, pressurized air or gas, or additional pumps required.
- Can recover reagents, such as antibody solutions, separately from each gel or blot.
- Trays can hold mini blots (maximum dimension 8cm x 8cm) and midi blots (maximum dimension 8cm x 16cm) and strip blots (maximum dimension 4cm x 8cm; Blotbot 248 and 248V).
- Can switch between 2 wash buffers (BlotBot 248V only).
- Adjustable Parameters for each protocol step include:
- rocking speed (5 to 40 cycles per minute)
- reagent/solution rocking time (1 min to 96 hours)
- dispense volume (10 to 150 ml) up to 10 repetitions per step
- clearing rinse option
- Patented technology.
- Rocking continues after the final rinse and the wash buffer remains in the trays to prevent the blots or gels
- Built in the USA for years of trouble free use.
- Uses existing protocols. Programming is easy and follows standard protocols steps. Programs can be up to 9 steps
where each step is an immersion in a reagent (e.g. antibody) or a series of washes.
- In each step reagents or buffer will be dispensed and aspirated to all the trays simultaneously, for consistent
processing of all the blots and gels.
- The minimum volume required to fully cover each mini blot is 3.5 mL.
- A clearing rinse can be activated to provide a quick rinse to get the final drop of reagent after each wash or
- The removable trays can be washed. Replacements can be ordered separately.
- A bottle of buffer is connected to the Freedom Rocker BlotBot with a hose and leak-proof quick-connector connections.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Two year warranty.
3 Key Advantages
1. Use very small volumes of antibody solution.
Similar to blots in a rolling bottle, a small puddle of antibody passes repeatedly over the blot in curved bottom trays.
2. Recover reagents separately.
Reagents from each blot are captured in 50 mL tubes, ready for storage.
3. Use your existing protocols.
Each program step matches each step in your protocol. For example, a 3X 10 min. buffer wash is a 3X 10 min. buffer wash. No development effort required.